Long Preston Parish Council is fully committed to protect, maintain and enhance the community within the Parish.
1) Maintain and improve the council owned land, buildings and parish amenities, acquire as appropriate additional land or buildings, Continue to build financial reserves to achieve these objectives with the over riding aim of getting value for money on each and every parish council project
2) Consult with residents and organisations to enhance the life of our community abd ti enable an involved, empowered and active citizenship through community involvement, reaching out to hard to reach groups and seeking the views of young people.
3) improve our internet facilities and develop a parish council web site detailing all council services and activities
4) Obtain Quality Council status.
5)Work closely with the District and County Council Planning Departments on all planning matters and carefully monitor such applications.
6) To ensure that the Parish Council has relevant and up to date policies to cover inter alia:- Social media and dispensations; Budgetary; Communiactions; Contracts; Environment and planning; Asset accumulation and planning and Stakeholder review
7)To raise the image and reputation of the Parish Council through:- inviting residents to be acttively involved at our meetings; encourage usage of the web site; provision of a newsletter in hard copy and online; to issue press releases covering the activities of the parish council and to set up a regular clinic for the public to meet with the parish council members.
ACTION PLAN 2015 – 2019
First thing to be done is to issue a village wide questionnaire to establish priorites and strategy re the action plan
The below are examples of potential actions.
1) .Register all parcels of parishg Council owned land at the Land registry
2) Identify and utilize for the public benefit all area’s of Parish council land and common land
3) Develop and implement an Environmental policy
4) Create a register of parish council assets and create a prioritized system for their upkeep and renewal
5) Consider the provision of allotments and car parks for the Village
6) Establish and agree a budgetary reserves policy
7) Consider in conjunction with the appropriate authorities facilities for the youth, and consider with Craven District Council facilities for the elderly.
8) Consider what inititiatives the Parish Council can introduce to promote tourism to the Village
9) Establish a volunteer group prepared to introduce computers and the internet to the elderly residents in the community.
10) Review and identify financial projects in order of preference and the policy for financial reserves.
11) Review the potential for Affordable Housing
12) Decide whether to put properties forward for inclusion on the Community assets register
13) Support groups and organisations whose activities enhance community life.
14) Get value for money contracts in place to maintain parish council assets.
15) Consider the future of the playing fields 16) Consider traffic control measures
17) Consider the renewal of the street lighting 18) Consider the provision of benches
19) Consider the provision of social/village orientate events ie: Sports events, Halloween / Bonfire Night ,Village Street/ Green Party, Children’s events, Village History, duck races, Walks / Rambles, Christmas / Santa’s Grotto